Department of Physics
Arizona State University
The Department of Physics at Arizona State University invites applications for a postdoctoral research scholar position in Condensed Matter Theory in the group of Prof. Antia Botana. Starting date is as early as September 1, 2019. The position is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal up to one or two more years. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and strong interests in density functional theory, strongly correlated electron systems, magnetic properties and 2D materials. Further information about the position can be obtained from Antia Botana, email@example.com
1) Recent Ph.D. degree in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related fields.
2) Experience and interest in scientific computing and programming, preferably in Python.
3) Experience in electronic structure simulations (density functional theory).
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
1) Experience in density functional theory, strongly correlated electron systems, magnetic properties and 2D materials
To apply, please send electronically to Antia.Botana@asu.edu the following materials: a cover letter, a CV, a publication list, and a detailed summary of research experience and interests, and names and contact information of two references. Applications should be submitted in one complete attachment. For more information about the position, contact Antia Botana, firstname.lastname@example.org
The initial review of applications will begin May 29th, 2019; if not filled, applications will be reviewed every week thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Please complete the voluntary EEO Survey. The job number 12876 is needed to complete the survey.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html. https://www.asu.edu/titleIX.