The second language course requirement may be fulfilled in one of the following ways:
- Completion (C or better on 4.0 grade scale) of second-language coursework at the intermediate level (202 or equivalent).
- Language course sequence for those starting at the beginner level: 101, 102, 201, 202.
- Course can be transfer course or taken at ASU.
- Foreign language course at the 300 level or higher taught in the foreign language and having 202 or its equivalent as a prerequisite.
- Submitting transcripts that demonstrate completion of secondary education at a school in which the language of instruction is not English.
- Language Proficiency Exam (AP, CAMBRIDGE, IB, CLEP)
Take a language placement exam to determine which course is right for you:
French Placement German Placement
Italian Placement Spanish Placement