Available Online Physics Degrees
Physics Bachelor of Arts
This online physics degree offers a science-oriented liberal education on a broad range of physical phenomena. You’ll learn the fundamental concepts of matter and energy, which are foundational to most branches of science.
The BA degree is a great option for students who are pursuing a BA already or those who would like to teach secondary education.
Students are required to take a second language for the BA degree.
The second language course requirement may be fulfilled in one of the following ways:
- Completion (C or better on 4.0 grade scale) of second-language coursework at the intermediate level (202 or equivalent).
- Language course sequence for those starting at the beginner level: 101, 102, 201, 202.
- Course can be transfer course or taken at ASU.
- Foreign language course at the 300 level or higher taught in the foreign language and having 202 or its equivalent as a prerequisite.
- Submitting transcripts that demonstrate completion of secondary education at a school in which the language of instruction is not English.
- Language Proficiency Exam (AP, CAMBRIDGE, IB, CLEP)
Take a language placement exam to determine which course is right for you:
Physics Bachelor of Science
This degree will be available starting Fall 2022.
The BS degree is best suited for students who wish to pursue a graduate program in physics or careers in which knowledge of advanced classical and quantum mechanics is required. With the right preparation you'll have opportunities in higher education, research, engineering, finance, patent law, secondary education, and beyond.
Science and Society
Students must complete this college requirement for the BS. To complete the requirement 6 credits must be taken, 3 of which need to be upper division (300-499).
ASU physics course highlights
Not sure where to start? Students can begin their journey by enrolling in PHY 194: Foundations of Undergraduate Research.
Continue your experience in The College Online Undergraduate Research Scholars program. Learn more about how you can participate at https://ours.thecollege.asu.edu/students.
Looking for face-to-face opportunities? Conduct research in-person by completing a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU).
With a degree in physics students have unlimited opportunities for employment. Have questions regarding what path you should take? Need advice on creating a resume? Want general career information? Sign-up for Handshake and schedule an appointment to speak with a career advisor.