Forms and Process
To place an order please follow the steps below
- Submit a Purchase requisition. Choose the appropriate form based on the amount of purchase.
- Complete the Physics Purchase Request Form (REQ) and submit to the Business Office. The completed REQ form may be delivered via email: Physics.Financial@asu.edu
- All REQ forms must be signed by the Faculty member that is approving the order OR email approval must be attached.
- Please fill out the REQ form completely. You must provide an account number that will be used for the purchase. Please verify that your account will have sufficient funds.
- For larger equipment purchases additional forms if applicable. Please work with business team or Research Administrator.
- Have additional purchasing questions, please review the purchasing procedure manual.
Vendors: If you are using a new vendor that is not currently in our system, please provide us with as much information about the vendor as you can (name, address, phone, fax, website).
To obtain a reimbursement follow the steps below
Please fill out the forms completely and provide an account to be charged and account holder approval. All reimbursements must be submitted within 30 days of purchase date.
Submit to PSF 470 or email to Physics.Financial@asu.edu. When emailing, include the account number and Reimbursement in the subject line.
- It is the responsibility of the party seeking reimbursement to obtain the proper receipts from the restaurant.
- Alcohol reimbursed requires chair approval. Alcohol must be on seperate reciept.
- Gratuity is reimbursed at 20 percent. No exceptions.
- Lunch or dinner attendees must be ASU personnel or have a business-related justification for attending the event
- All food and non-alcohol beverage must be submitted on an itemized receipt from the restaurant along with the paid receipt for proper reimbursement.
Restricted purchases are not eligible for reimbursement and may not be purchased with personal funds.
- Tables and like equipment
To initiate the travel process
Submit Travel Request Form to Physics.Financial@asu.edu. Staff will coordinate International Travel documentation and approvals (Department Chair and Dean). My ASU TRIP Request must be fully approved prior to booking any part of your travel.
*ASU will not reimburse travel expenses incurred without the required pre-authorization and booking process.
The My ASU Trip manual is a great resource that covers a wide variety of topics such as setting up delegate access, creating a My ASU Trip Request, creating an expense report, steps to booking in Concur, and much more.
To innitiate a shipping request
Submit Physics Shipping Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Request must include account number and approval.
FedEx envelopes and boxes are available in the mail room.
Training and Resources
The following training are available as educational materials or required for business processing. For access to the canvas course, please send your request and ASUrite to email@example.com.
- Workday Cart Training: Required training for those wanting to use Sunrise to order materials and supplies.
- Physics Dept. Travel Process