The pre-award team of Vicki Krell and Margaret Zywczyk, from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) Research Advancement Office, work with Physics faculty on proposal development. They will assist you with tasks relating to your proposal, including locating and disseminating information on funding opportunities that apply to you, creating budgets, creating and/or editing budget justifications, development of current and pending reports, checking CV’s and Biographical sketches, and will review and edit (as needed with PI approval) all proposal documents/forms for formatting and compliance with sponsor and ASU requirements, convert and upload all proposal pieces to ASU and sponsor specific sites, will route for internal approvals, and will act as liaison with ORSPA for review and submission of your complete proposal to the sponsor. Please note that all proposals must go through your RAA, and contracts cannot be signed by faculty.
Vicki and Margaret can be reached individually by phone or email, or collectively via their group email at DL.ORG.LA.DEAN.RAO@exchange.asu.edu.
Once you have received your award you will work with a designated staff person to confirm that the current budget, budget justification, and scope of work, and all ERE and tuition remission (if applicable) rates are current and correct.
Staff will also assist with
- Creation of ORSPA Action Forms for post-award activity – may include pre-award spending account set-up, re-budgets, no cost extensions
- Obtaining approvals for pre-award spending
- Will liaise with ORSPA for review of terms and conditions on grants and contracts; will include faculty as needed for approvals
- Set up contract modifications and no-cost extensions
- Review of expenditures for allowability, allocability (charged to the correct project), reasonableness, and timeliness (within the project period)
- Forecasts of your budget spending
CBP & BioXFEL Contact
Research Administration provides information, documents and tools to investigators and research advancement teams across the university.
Research Academy serves as ASU’s gateway for personalized information on grant proposal development and sponsored project management. The Research Academy portal gets new features often.